The WyzeCam may look like other affordable security systems, but this camera is not just a rebrand. Wyze Labs licensed the hardware and improved the software.
Light And Versatile
The WyzeCam is 2.2 x220.127.116.11 inches. It comes in glossy white. The gray base has a hinge that allows it to swivel. You can angle the camera in any direction and raise the overall height by a little more than an inch. The WyzeCam includes a magnetic base so you can connect it to any metal surface. Or, use the metal disc that is included in the packaging and double-back tape to attach it to any other surface.
A Lot Of Perks
The camera has a number of valuable features:
- Motion sensor
- Sound sensor
- 1080p video
- No visual distortion
- Time-lapse video
- Two-way audio
- Local and free cloud storage (up to two weeks)
- 2 LED infrared lights for night vision (up to 29 feet)
- Speaker and microphone to turn the camera into an intercom
- App allows easy access to live feeds, record footage and scheduling of time-lapse recordings
- Purchase a microSD card separately, and you can enable continuous recording. When the card becomes full, the camera records over old footage.
- Easy to set up and use
- Made for both iOS and Android
There Are Drawbacks
The most significant drawback is that it doesn’t integrate with other smart home devices. The video also only captures videos at 10 frames per second. But, for the price, you get a lot of bang for the buck.